Apologies about the state of this palette. It just shows that it is much loved. MUA is a budget brand, and this palette comes in at an impressive £4. Beauty buffs can't fail to notice that this is a pretty close dupe for the palette that started it all, the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Now I haven't tried this, so I cannot really compare, but shade-wise it looks pretty similar. The original Naked palette had always been my favourite, but at £38 it was a pricey buy. I decided instead to get this one. I wasn't sure whether I would use the shades, as I already had many similar colours. I thought it would be better to try this one, then if I really love it I can splurge, or if there are only a few shades I like I can just buy those instead.

For such a cheap palette these are super pigmented. Whilst perhaps not as buttery soft as their UD counterparts, they are pretty good quality and I have experienced minimal fall out. I have noticed them to be quite soft however, and a few have shattered when I dropped the palette. As you can see from the swatches below, the second row are generally more pigmented. However the lighter shades make a great highlight and base shadow. The matte shadows are pretty good, but are not as buttery as they could be. They are however very useable, and great combined for a day look.

Overall, my favourites (if we number them 1-12 L-R, top then bottom) are 4, 5, and 7, with 10 being pretty boring but my favourite crease shade. All the shadows are very wearable, but generally I get the least wear out of 9, 11 and 12. I really would recommend this palette if you don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup, or it is a great backup for travelling if you already own the Urban Decay Naked Palette.



Have you tried any MUA palettes?




Post a Comment

Follow Kirstie on Instagram @_kirstiemarie

© KIRSTIE MARIE. Design by FCD.